F5 mssql health monitor failing

I am having an issue when configuring an mssql health monitor. I see a successful connection in the database, but the advance debug logs are showing receive string not matching.

2025-12-03 09:50:40,269-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - DB connect succeeded.

2025-12-03 09:50:40,269-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - Query message: SELECT @@SERVERNAME AS ServerName, SERVERPROPERTY(‘ServerName’) AS InstanceName, SERVERPROPERTY(‘ProductVersion’) AS ProductVersion

2025-12-03 09:50:40,270-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - Send Query success

2025-12-03 09:50:40,274-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - Response from server: ServerName: ‘icscwsql1’ , InstanceName: ‘icscwsql1’ , ProductVersion: ‘16.0.4215.2’

2025-12-03 09:50:40,277-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - Checking for recv string: ServerName

2025-12-03 09:50:40,279-0500 [id750_DBPinger-1686] - Analyze Response failure

Here is the configuration of the health monitor:

ltm monitor mssql icscwsql.mssql.mon {
    debug no
    defaults-from mssql
    interval 30
    password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    recv ServerName:
    recv-column 1
    recv-row 1
    send “SELECT @@SERVERNAME AS ServerName, SERVERPROPERTY(‘ServerName’) AS InstanceName, SERVERPROPERTY(‘ProductVersion’) AS ProductVersion”
    time-until-up 0
    timeout 91
    username xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have you done more investigations ? Tcpdump to see if the response is really wrong also I don’t see what is your receive string  string ? Maybe configure the monitor with server name  “icscwsql1”?

Outside of that if it doesn’t work be on the latest 17.15.3 and if needed open a support case and you can make your own monitor https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K71282813  / https://my.f5.com/s/article/K000149155

did you configure the monitor using gui or command line?

use the gui and ensure there is no space after “:” in the receive string.

and try without specifying the the receive column

Hello @airhead218

I see a few members have asked some follow up questions to your post and I’d like to encourage you to answer those to allow our community to assist you. However, if you have already resolved outside of the community please update your post with how you solved the issue.

Thank you for posting to our community!

-Melissa