The problem is, running this command leaves “holes” in that it doesn’t trim the rest of the list down. In other words, the above command will leave authdomain6, authdomain6, and authdomain9 objects empty instead of shortening the entire list by 3.
Is there a CLI command to trim down the list and remove the empty objects?
I apply the Access Profile, save, and run another list. This time, you’ll see the result is missing authdomain 48 instead of consolidating 49 to position 48:
Deleting the entries via the GUI has the same effect. That’s why I was just looking for a command to trim the list down. I can open a SR if that’s what you suggest.
At this juncture, unless told otherwise, I would imagine using the replace-all-with command instead of delete would be the only way to “consolidate” the list as the entries appear to remain static. This can obviously be tedious if you have a significant amount of entries to re-order, but I imagine that would work. Let me know what everyone thinks and tap “Accept as Solution” if you agree.
I would agree with this. I do not believe that TMOS is viewing that as a sequential list, thus replace-all-with may be easier if you want sequential naming.