Forum Discussion

Leslie_Hubertus
Ret. Employee
May 18, 2023

How are you using things like ChatGPT in your day-to-day life?

How are you all using AI in your day-to-day jobs? Are you using it to create a rough draft of code you then check before implementing? Using it to write emails or other things for you? Using it to check text? Using it for serious business? Using it for fun? 

One of the funnier things I've seen recently is when I was bemoaning the increasing volume of ChatGPT-generated spam posts, and a colleague sent me a couple screenshots. First, 

Then, 

4 Replies

• Leslie_Hubertus I haven't used ChatGPT at all but I suppose I could check it out in the near future. I'm not really sure why I haven't checked it out.

Leslie_Hubertus
      Ret. Employee

I have to admit that I don't have much experience with it, myself. I can see myself using it to draft emails and documents (with adequate review before publishing), but don't honestly see myself using it much beyond that.

• Hi Leslie_Hubertus

I use ChatGPT from time to time. Sometimes for rephrasing sentences, when I have the feeling that ChatGPT could rewrite something to sound better than a non-native speaker would write it. Then I do a cherry picking and make a Frankenstein of my version and the ChatGPT version.
    Also ChatGPT is much better than me when it comes to remembering tcpdump, nmap and similar parameters.
    Cannot recommend using it for iRules though... 🙂

Cheers

• I used it to rewrite some of my MayTheFourthBeWithYou trivia questions to make them less crazy. I also use it for boilerplate code for projects, and will use it as well for $vendorX -> F5 type questions here in the forums when I don't understand the source material. Answers for iRules are usually wrong, but I glean enough from the output to make a good enough guess to get the conversation started.