cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Moloney
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi community, 

Sometimes I get emails like summary digests or newsletters that sends content directly to my inbox. I was wondering if this is something we should consider implementing for DevCentral too.

• Would you be interested in getting articles/videos/forum posts emailed to you?
  • If so, do you have an idea of how often you'd like an email like this? 
  • If not, why not? 

Here's an example from my inbox: 

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.29.30 PM.png

Let us know your thoughts!

2 Comments
Status changed to: Needs Info
LiefZimmerman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks Rebecca!

I get a couple of these too. Some are useful some are not.
While this platform DOES have a daily/weekly digest option for email notifications; that is mostly based on what the member pro-actively chooses to care about - is probably too noisy for someone trying to learn the basics.

FWIW - any DevCentral member may update their own Subscribed Content and then Notification Settings to decide whether you want emails never, immediately, daily, weekly.

Navigating to Avatar > Subscriptions & Notifications.
https://community.f5.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

That said - a proper 'newsletter' email would be new/different/beyond those details.
I'm interested to hear what the Community thinks.

boneyard
MVP
MVP

interesting idea and reaction.

for another vendor's forum i get a daily email with the new questions (and even replies) of the day. which gives me  a chance to quickly scan if something useful i going on.

based on the link from Lief im trying to set that up now for the Technical Forum, lets see how that works out.