Mar 08, 2022
Delivered

Allow long-lived logins for trusted computers

It would be nice if the logon to the community site would persist for a longer period of time or allow us to have a checkbox to "trust" the PC for a period of time. I find that I have to login again every other day or so.

5 Comments

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Investigating

Josh,
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    The login thing is a long-term subject of conversation. In addition to trying to resolve an intermittent bug (the worst kind) I have a request outstanding between my SSO provider and the platform host for how to enable longer authorization times. I'll keep working on it and get back to you here.

• Status changed:
    Investigating
    to
    Delivered

JoshBecigneul & Daniel_Wolf 

Thanks for the suggestion. This was on my radar but I elevated based on your request.
    Not quite the same as 'trusted' or 'self-selection of trusted' status but instead we drove towards 'active' status as a first go.
    Meaning, our most active users should, effectively, only need to re-auth once a week. This is a first attempt to see if it makes a material difference in your experience. Do let me know. 

Setting this specific Suggestion to Delivered for now - but leaving comments open. I can always re-open it...or if new conditions change the request we can open a new one. Let me know.

Thanks much!
    Lief