Jun 30, 2023
Investigating

Fix Mentions On Mobile Site & Parser Stripping Rest Of Text

This has happened to me twice now, and it makes me not want to use this site. On the mobile site, since I usually try to do all of my work via the phone or an ipad, it strips everything after a mention (when referencing a user). I have had two complex and thoughful responses stripped when the classic HTML issue or whatever the hell I get. Why cant we just use CDATA fields to encapsulate some of this stuff and sanitize it better when it is referenced for display on the site? The parser is truly garbage.

1 Comment

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Investigating

whisperer - A) thanks for the suggestion. B) Apologies I didn't see it until now. I was on PTO for a hot minute and somehow missed this - I've been back long enough that I should have seen this already. C) Mobile hasn't been much of a focus since we hardly have any usage on mobile BUT...that is not an excuse only an explanation for why I don't know (yet) what you are talking about. 😕

I will try to replicate the  "it strips everything after a mention (when referencing a user). I have had two complex and thoughful responses stripped when the classic HTML issue..."

and...while I googled CDATA to see what you are talking about I am going to bring this up with our dev and platform provider to see if I can get more clarity around the HTML issue and possible solutions.

If you have more to add while I do that feel free - thanks again for bringing this to light