Forum Discussion

CraigMo
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 12, 2024

Tenant image upgrade

Attempting to upgrade the image on a r5800 tenant.  Every time I try either from the GUI or the cli I receive an error message stating that the image on the tenant cannot be changed once the tenant has been created.  Does this mean that for tenant upgrades the tenant has to be deleted and then re-created with the new image?  Or is there a way to change the image of a tenant after it has been created?

Thanks,

1 Reply

• CraigMo 

A couple of questions to consider: 

Are you attempting to upgrade from within the Tenant or from the F5OS directly?

Tenant Upgrades¶
    Tenants are upgraded via the normal TMOS upgrade process. Find the proper ISO image and ensure it is of a supported rSeries release and upload it into the TMOS tenant. Once uploaded you can upgrade and boot into the new version. Currently rSeries does not allow an upgrade of the tenant from inside the F5OS layer; you must perform the upgrade from inside the tenant.

NOTE: Currently rSeries does not provide a shared image repository for all tenants to upgrade from. With vCMP guests, iSeries allowed for an image to be loaded once into the host layer, and all tenants had access to that repository to use to upgrade.

What is the install package you are attempting to use?

There are TMOS images specifically for rSeries. Only supported rSeries TMOS releases should be loaded into this system.

I found this information in the clouddocs for upgrades.  

rSeries Software Upgrades (f5.com)