Forum Discussion

René_Posthumus_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jan 02, 2018
Solved

iWorkflow application deployment issue

Hi all,

I'm trying iWorkflow in a Lab environment. Importing an iApp template and creating a service went well (but different than the 101 iWorkflow video's). But when trying to deploy an Application, it wont work. The error message it's throwing me is:

Application Service unhealthy: unable to retrieve health status from device, No resources to place the app

and

Cloud has 1 devices associated but none qualified. Request help from iWorkflow administrator.

I checked everything i could find on Wiki or other places. NTP is in sync and so on. What do i have to do to get this thing working ? Creating for example a VLAN from iWorkflow to Big-IP works fine.

Hope somebody can help me out here !

Regards, René

• did you fix your problem ? Because I have probably the same issue...

10 Replies

• Also on the CLI of the BIG-IP is the following warning:

[WARNING][432][04 Jan 2018 08:15:44 UTC][8100/mgmt/shared/authz/local-roles ForwarderPassThroughWorker] [api-status-warning] The API /mgmt/tm/cloud/sys/all-certificate-file-object has lifecycle state deprecate

Salim_83682
    Historic F5 Account

Hi Rene,

Can you check if the target BIG-IP version is supported with your iWorkflow version and/or if it is not running in appliance mode by any chance ? It sounds like the target BIG-IP associated to the cloud connector associated to your tenant has got an issue. Here is the compatibility matrix between iWorkflow and BIG-IP versions :

https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K11198324

Can you check the logs under

/var/log/restjavad.0.log
    on both target BIG-IP and iWorkflow to see if you see anything?

Also, I have linked the latest Ops Guide for version 2.3 if that helps :

https://devcentral.f5.com/wiki/iWorkflow.iWorkflowOpsGuide_v23.ashx

Salim

René_Posthumus
      Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus

The Big-IP version is 12.1.2 as in the compatibility matrix . The logs are filled with:

[WARNING][2702][04 Jan 2018 14:40:18 UTC][8100/mgmt/shared/authz/local-roles ForwarderPassThroughWorker] [api-status-warning] The API /mgmt/tm/cloud/sys/all-certificate-file-object has lifecycle state deprecate

Also followed the Ops Guide but i seem to miss something here. Any other options ?

Salim_83682
      Historic F5 Account

Are you deploying the application service from the GUI as a tenant or using the REST API ?

René_Posthumus

I'm deploying the application service using the GUI, logged in as a tenant with the correct tenant rights.

• did you fix your problem ? Because I have probably the same issue...

René_Posthumus

Hi Francisco, the problem still isn't fixed. We are now trying to get support on this through the official channel. When we fix the issue, i'll let you know on this post.