Forum Discussion

Oct 23, 2022
Solved

Is there plans for F5 Distributed Cloud(XC) horizontal scaling of edge Site nodes?

Hello,

The F5 Distributed Cloud(XC) is a great product but is there a plan for future horizontal scaling of edge Site nodes? For example when the traffic is too much to not only increase the CPU and Memory of the already existing node in the public or private cloud customer location but also to create more nodes as maybe one to be the cluster primary node that gets the packets and without processing the packets to send them to the other secondary nodes using mac rerouting (I do not think SSL/Ipsec tunnel between the primary and secondary nodes).

As I know that GSLB will comming to the Site Edge nodes and everyday other new things are added to the Distributed Cloud maybe this is on the road map 🙂

Edit:

I talked about Mac tunnel and future XC GSLB if each edge node is a GSLB peer and Local HTTP Load balancer at the same time something like GSLB cookie persistence can also be done in the future, where after the DNS resolution and when HTTP traffic is processed a cookie is added and for example DNS times out and a new GSLB resolution is done but this time another Edge Node is selected for servicing the traffic then the cookie can be used for the new edge node to redirect the traffic to the old edge node that was servicing it. The possibilities with XC for new features as this is an SDN solution are almost limitless 🙂

• Hello Nikoolayy,

yes, today we support ondemand scaling on clouds such as AWS, Azure and GCP. In the past we discussed possibility to add autoscaling based on the load of HTTP LB. If you feel this would be useful please open feature request in our system https://www.f5cloudideas.com/

Thanks,

Jakub

1 Reply

jpavlik
    Ret. Employee

Hello Nikoolayy,

yes, today we support ondemand scaling on clouds such as AWS, Azure and GCP. In the past we discussed possibility to add autoscaling based on the load of HTTP LB. If you feel this would be useful please open feature request in our system https://www.f5cloudideas.com/

Thanks,

Jakub