Forum Discussion

Blue_whale
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Jan 23, 2020

Redirect the request from specific IP to URI

Hi Team ,

we have 2 different applications hosted on the server , that can be accessed through 2 URI :

/ckpartner

/cklauncher

On f5 we want to redirect all requests coming from specific IP or subnet to www.example.fr/ckpartner

www.example.fr/cklauncher do not have to be exposed on the Internet so request should only go to /ckpartner

Can you please help me with irule for this redirect .

4 Replies

• Not sure if I am quite following what you are after on the cklauncher section as called out below the second section will block any request to the /cklauncher

when HTTP_REQUEST {
    #if the request is not to /ckpartner and from the specfied ip or subnet 
    if { ![string tolower [HTTP::uri]] starts_with  "/ckpartner" && ( [IP::addr [IP::client_addr] eq 1.1.1.0/255.255.255.0]) } { 
          # redirect the request 
          log local0. "issuing redirect request to [HTTP::host][HTTP::uri] from [IP::client_addr]"
    	  HTTP::redirect https://[getfield [HTTP::host] ":" 1]/ckpartner
          }

# if the request is to /cklauncher block the request
    if  { [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] starts_with  "/cklauncher" } {
         # block the request -- though this will block anything external or internal hitting the URI are you sure this is what you want?
    	 log local0. "blocking request  to [HTTP::host][HTTP::uri] from [IP::client_addr]"
    	 reject
    	 }
    }
      Blue_whale

Thank you Mw ,

We want all the request comming to www.example.fr from specific source 10.10.10.1 to get redirected to www.example.fr/ckpartner/ and this should be logged .

Can you please check if the below Irule we can achieve this ?

when HTTP_REQUEST {

if { ([IP::addr [IP::client_addr] equals 10.10.10.1]) && ([HTTP::host] starts_with "www.example.fr") } {

log local0.

set newUri [string map {"/" "ckpartner/"} [HTTP::uri]]

HTTP::uri $newUri

}

}

Blue_whale

HI MW,

I used this Irule which you have given , I removed "!" and changed "/cklauncher/" it worked for us ( Means redirect from "/cklauncher/" to "/ckpartner" works ...But now we want anything coming for www.example.com to get redirected to uri "/ckpartner/" and block "/cklauncher/"

1. when HTTP_REQUEST {
      2. #if the request is not to /ckpartner and from the specfied ip or subnet
      3. if { [string tolower [HTTP::uri]] starts_with "/cklauncher/" && ( [IP::addr [IP::client_addr] eq 1.1.1.0/255.255.255.0]) } {
      4. # redirect the request
      5. log local0. "issuing redirect request to [HTTP::host][HTTP::uri] from [IP::client_addr]"
      6. HTTP::redirect https://[getfield [HTTP::host] ":" 1]/ckpartner
      7. }

Blue_whale

Thanks for your help ,

My requirement is currently working with below Irule but I would like to add Datagroup to below Irule so that I can filter more external IP's

Could you please help me modify this irule .

I tried but I got error "variable reference required preeciding $"

when HTTP_REQUEST {

if {

([IP::client_addr] contains "10.10.10.1%70") && ([string tolower [HTTP::uri]] contains "/cklauncher/")

}

{

drop

}                                                             

elseif { [string tolower [HTTP::path]] equals "/" && ( [IP::addr [IP::client_addr] equals 10.10.10.1%70]) } {

# redirect the request

log local0. "issuing redirect request to [HTTP::host][HTTP::uri] from [IP::client_addr]"

HTTP::redirect https://[getfield [HTTP::host] ":" 1]/ckpartner/

}

}