cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My employer just made me install BIG-IP Edge Client on my home PC to access webmail, etc.

RomaineShultz
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Does this allow them to see all network traffic from my home PC while active?

I got a message when trying to log into webmail this morning that BIG-IP is now required to access webmail, network desktop, etc. for "security reasons." There was no email explaining this software or this requirement, which is unusual. I'm not clear what this software does. Is my employer now able to "spy" on me at home? Could they see what websites I visit and other network traffic while connected? Can they verify if I'm at my PC all day working? The traffic counter seems to only show traffic from internal sites (eg if I play a youtube video it stays at zero), but I'm not convinced that means that this doesn't track stuff from my personal PC.

1 REPLY 1

RomaineShultz
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Edit : Assume they can see everything you are doing from a network perspective (going to a website, etc.) while you are connected but it would depend on how it is configured. In general nobody should be accessing work from their home computer, it is just bad practice. They should provide you with a computer.       DinarGuru.com