Forum Discussion

cbarlock
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Mar 21, 2023

Missing Data in Telemetry Streaming?

iControl REST has a URI, /mgmt/tm/net/self that returns selfip data.  I haven't found this in TS.  Is it available?

4 Replies

• Hey cbarlock - I see your question has gone without an answer for a while - hopefully someone from the community can reply, but in the mean time I'm trying to see if I can get you a reply. 

cbarlock
      Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus

I appreciate that!  A contact I have at F5 suggested I just not be afraid to use iControl to "fill in the gaps" because it isn't going away anytime soon -- but that can't be more than a stop-gap.  If F5 wants iControl to go away, then it seems to me that you need to be able to get all the data currently available in iControl from TS.  I want to say "end of story" here, but I expect there is some data available in iControl that you know is obsolete, so I'll throw in a pass on that.  🙂

JRahm
        Icon for Admin rankAdmin

Hi cbarlock, I noticed you created an issue on the github repo, that's the place I was going to send you. The reality currently is that that data is indeed not available in Telemetry Streaming. You could fork the project and add the functionality if you aren't able to wait for the team to address and add to the road map, or pull that data via iControl as well. If the latter is an option, I'd be happy to whip something up in python as proof of concept.