Forum Discussion

Jeff_46763
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 18, 2014

LTM VIP Buildout Request Forms

Hi Everyone,

I inherited an architect role at a new pharma company, and with over 1500 applications going through an LTM, I need to figure out a good process for the application owners to request a VIP to be built. Originally, the old company never followed best practices, so I'd like to incorporate that into this process, to make my life easier in the build. I know iApp can do it, and I plan to follow it, but I don't want 1500 emails with this information. I'd like to know how everyone else does it. Sharepoint? Lotus Notes DB? Any thoughts? I'd like to have this as automated as possible please.

My thoughts already is a sharepoint site with the IP, Ports, etc, but obviously not all app owers are network people, then have email routing, but not sure if there is something easier. I'm just poking around as to what works for everyone else?

Thanks.

3 Replies

• Check AppViewX templates you can setup standard configs and naming conventions. https://www.f5.com/pdf/solution-center/appviewx-overview.pdf Once the user enters the information it covers it into config so its easier to manage as well.

• Very intersting, I've never heard of this. Reading it, it appears it works with EM....is this something you use now? Thoughts on it? Looks like it gives app owners control as well and then I approve/deny the changes. This seems like the magic answer. I'd still like more (ie Free) options too if anyone has anything. Thanks for this.

• Yes we use it now to standardize our deployment. We had originally had a home grown solution with macros and rules but with version upgrades we had challenges to manage it. If there is other options would be interested to look at that as well.