Forum Discussion

Zamita
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 28, 2020

Downloading certificates from /config/filestore/files_d/Common_d/certificate_d/ with a soap client

Hi newbie here,

I've downloaded a trial version of f5 BIG-IP vm image, then I created some certificates (SSL certificates list). Now, I'm trying to download certificates that reside in :

/config/filestore/files_d/Common_d/certificate_d/

I'm using the certificate_export_to_pem function from iControl SOAP (KeyCertificate), but I'm noticing (not 100% sure) that it only returns the certificates that are in (/config/ssl/ssl.crt).

The funny thing is that I can list all my certs with get_certificate_list_v3 with almost all their information (subject name, issuer, serial number ... ), but when I try to dowload the certificate with certificate_export_to_pem, it can't find the file(s) and returns an empty array.

I do not want to use ssh, to copy them so I tried to download the certificates with download_file from (ConfigSync) but sadly it can't download the whole folder (it needs a filename, but my client is dumb and does not have the filename), so I've hit a dead end.

Can someone explains to me the issue here and how to fix it ?

1 Reply

• are you setting management mode to MANAGEMENT_MODE_DEFAULT ie 0?

Thought about using iControl REST or is there a reason for using SOAP?