Forum Discussion

Aug 11, 2016

bigip.conf won't load after reactivating license

We have an Old 1600 series F5 LTM (HA Pair) running v11.4.1 HF9 that does not have a support contract. I use this F5 cluster as a test environment. I am preparing to upgrade our Production F5 Cluster (2000 series LTM HA Pair) from v11.4.1 HF9 to v11.5.4 or v12.1 (not sure which yet).

Of course I decided to upgrade the Test F5 first. One of the steps is to update the service check date. I reactivated the license to see if the service check date would update (I realized that it would not because I dont have a support contract). However, after I ran reactivate, the config would not load with the error: "The configuration has not yet loaded. If this message persists, it may indicate a configuration problem."

when I run "tmsh load /sys config verify" I get errors like: "01070712:3: _identify_jobs_todo:(/Common/mycertificate.crt) :Failed: name (/Common/mycertificate.crt) No copy in trash-bin to restore from. - sys/validation/FileObject.cpp, line 3086"

It seems like all my certificates are gone from the filesystem. Not sure what else may be missing.

The question is why are these files gone?

Does anyone have an idea of what happened and how I can get my missing files back so I can load my config?

1 Reply

• the service check date is the deadline for new versions. If you unit was under maintenance till 11.4 and then left maintenance, you could use the unit with 11.4 as the last release. Every newer firmware release will need the unit under maintenance.