Forum Discussion

Subrun
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
May 19, 2020

Azure ( as IDP ) and F5 ( SP ) SAML User related query

Quote from attached link 

To configure and test Azure AD SSO with F5, complete the following building blocks:

Configure Azure AD SSO - to enable your users to use this feature.

Create an Azure AD test user - to test Azure AD single sign-on with B.Simon. // I am little confused about this part Why Do I need to create an AD user at Azure ? I was thinking there should be an Active Directory Instance for a company at Azure side , and that AD Instance is created while connecting from Azure to On Premise AD. This will be the path for Azure to get all the Usernames So that when we need to use an user to assign role or something we can just Pick the User from the Azure AD Instance for a Company. 

Again quote from above link 

"Create F5 test userIn this section, you create a user called B.Simon in F5. Work with F5 Client support team to add the users in the F5 platform. Users must be created and activated before you use single sign-on." // So here other than creating same local user what can be done to get all the AD User Information from Active Directory ? When Client request comes to SP at F5 and F5 is forwarding to Azure as IDP and getting required authentication and SAML assertion why do at F5 side we need to create the user list ?

1 Reply

Subrun
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

This is the link I referred at above post. Was having problem at add Hyperlinks when posting question.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/headerf5-tutorial